Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's really happening!

Dearest Friends,

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm really going to Australia! This year has been amazing-just the highlights for now-

I've been granted free housing this year-which has been an amazing blessing that has allowed me to save for my tuition, pay for unexpected car repairs, pay for a RIDICULOUSLY long illness, and take a few short trips home through the year.

My dear, sweet, wonderful friend has blessed me with a free ticket to Sydney-one way (yikes!).

I've been connected with several wonderful Aussies and friends who've visited and/or lived in Oz. They assure me I will love Sydney!

I've got the wholehearted, albeit somewhat tearful, support of my entire family as I head out.

I've had so many confirmations along the way on this journey, I can hardly express how incredibly affirming it has been...

God is SO good, and SO faithful!

Along the way, a few people have asked if they can help contribute to covering the costs of my studies for ministry at Hillsong. I have had such a hard time considering this-I loathe the idea of soliciting money. However, I'm humbled by the support of my friends, and the work I will be doing is for a greater cause than just myself.

Since I will be going as a student, and unemployed for an indefinite period, it would be a tremendous blessing to me if you would consider a contribution. (The cost of studying at Hillsong will be not less than $30-40 000 for the two years I'm there.) I have been saving for a year, and hope to find employment as soon as possible, but the expenses are still pretty high. Please message me if you are interested in helping me cover my expenses .

It's not been easy for me to come to a place where I can ask this, and if you don't care to contribute,*please* don't feel pressured! I've prayerfully considered this request, and appreciate all your prayers as I go.

It's getting late, and I'm still packing, so...

Love to you all-this has been, and promises to continue to be a great adventure! <3 <3 <3

No comments: