Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Counting down

Ohio on Saturday...California the following Sunday...Sydney TWO WEEKS from tomorrow! The time has just flown. It seems like just yesterday it was a year ago and I was thinking about Australia. I still have to pinch myself to see if it's a reality...but it is!

The last few weeks I have been so blessed by my friends in Virginia. It has been a blur of sending-offs, parties, tea luncheons, and one-on-one dinners. (This won't surprise those who know me well, but) I won't much miss Northern Virginia, but I will miss my friends! Thank God for Facebook...

This week is just nuts-trying to fit in all the "last times" with friends and coworkers, finishing my grades, packing up my classroom, packing up my clothes and books, dissecting squid. That's right-squid. I always save them for the last week of school-the kids LOVE it, and it creates a great memory-albeit a horrifying smell. It's satisfyingly disgusting for seventh graders. :)

A few goodbyes I just can't say. I think it's hardest to leave the folks I know are going to grow and change the most. These are bittersweet days-this is going to be an amazing ride, but tinged with sadness, too. Life will go on, in Virginia, Ohio, and Sydney...as it should. But things will never be the same. As they shouldn't.

No comments: