Friday, July 2, 2010

Traveling-Cliff's Notes update

Sorry about the non-posting. I get overwhelmed if I let it go too long, so here's the Cliff's Notes version, just to catch everyone up to speed. More detail forthcoming, I promise!

June 18--last day of school. Stayed at school to finish grades & packing till 8:30 pm.

June 19--packed and jammed my car till &:30 pm; drove home from Virginia for the last time. Arrived 2:30 am.

June 21--Bon Voyage party at mom & dad's with some amazing friends and family.

June 27--Cleveland to Chicago-delayed 2 hours due to lightning storm. Chicago to LA.

June 27-30--three wonderful days with a wonderful high school friend and her family, and a surprise visit with the Feldmans. I love Germans and South Africans. :D

June 30--LAX to Auckland, NZ--had to repack and rearrange my luggage because it was too heavy. Checked an extra bag and didn't get charged for it-praise Jesus!

July 2--Land in Auckland for a four hour layover; love this place-at least from the air-it's SO gorgeous, and apparently Auckland is on the "ugly" island! Sat next to a guy on the flight who was 6'5"-got an extra seat between us to stretch out in. Hooray for Qantas! Had my first "flat white" at the coffee shop. Yum.

July 2--Auckland to Melbourne--again, with an extra seat between. Alice in Wonderland on the flight and some turbulence in the air. Melbourne airport is nice-the Aussies are lovely. Walked right through customs without any difficulty at all. Had my first Gloria Jean's...I'm going to like it here!

July 2--Melbourne to Sydney. Sat next to the nicest lady from Melbourne who chatted the entire 50 minute flight. She offered to take me around if I come to visit Melbourne. Woohoo for locals!

Diane and her husband picked me up from the airport with no difficulty at all. I was SO tired-and felt SO grungy after all that time with no bath. Slept like a baby after a shower.

July 3--went to a friend's birthday party with Diane-so nice to meet some local people. Had an amazing steak dinner for $10 at the Bull and Bush (that's really the name, not kidding).

July 4--took the Parramatta catamaran to Darling Harbour and had my first views of the Harbour bridge and the Opera House. After lunch at the Rocks and a stroll through the Sunday markets, came back and moved into my new place and met the other girls. Diane was SUCH a blessing-took me grocery shopping before dropping me at the house.

July 5-9--HILLSONG CONFERENCE. Incredible. Amazing. SO glad to be here, so SO glad I came to the conference to start m time here. People are lovely, God is good. The rest of that for another post.

July 10-18--a week OFF. Church four times last weekend. Twice this weekend. The Harbour/Opera House and the Featherdale Zoo during the week. Lots of sleep. A bit of shopping.

July 19--ready to start school!! Here we go...

No comments: